Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mixx Ultra Lounge : Now that's what I call service although the spot does not need to be in Cincinnati!

http://mixxcincy.com/

Mixx is my spot in Cincinncinnati.  I stop by often after work for dinner and for a change of atmosphere when I want to write.  I love Mixx because it is located downtown all of five minutes from my home and sports a diverse crowd in ultra conservative (and boring Cincinnati).  Mixx makes a stylish first impression with the curved sushi bar in the front window and a water feature on the way to the dining tables of the first floor.  It is comprised of three floors in total with bars, DJ and private seating on each floor.


It is truly an "Ultra" lounge because with all of the floors and private areas on each floor Mixx rocks a multi club environment that on packed nights has something for everyone.  One of my personal favorive VIP rooms contains hi def tv's mointed on the walls, hi-end leather funritur and a stripper pole in the middle of the room.

The food at Mixx "was" diverse offering everything from a full sushi bar, Sirloin Kabobs, Seaside Prawns , Pineapple Kabobs, Signature Mixx wings, catfish nuggets, grilled talapia and a mish-mash of appetizer dishes.  I said...was...diverse because I went to the spot last night and after being greeted by several of the staff and asked "where had I been" (I hadn't been there in over a month) I ordered my usual of the Mixx Signature Wings with mixed vegitables.

 

The owner of the club looked at me with a dumb funded look on her face and said, "Ummmm...we don't serve the mixed veggies anymore."

 

"GetOuttaHere", was my immediate reply.  "Well then give me the rice pilaf with it."

 

"Ummmmm...we don't serve that anymore either", the owner told me sadly.

 

Wondering what the hell was going on, the owner then handed me a updated menu which only had burgers, Mixx wings, and the only sides where french fries and onion rings.  "He don't want that", one of the servers who regularly took my order said shaking her head.

 

The owner then explained that they had to scale down the menu substantially because the majority of the patrons to the club didn't order the dinners or side items.  So they substantially downgraded the menu for the Cincinnati crowd. 

 

I just shook my head.  "These nigga's don't eat vegitables", I exclaimed.

 

"You know what", the owner repied patting me on the hand.  "I got you.  We should have some rice or vegitables in the back.  I got you."

 

Fifteen minutes later they brought out a beutiful plate with the signature wings, mixed veggies and even through in some garlic bread for a brotha.  I really appreciated the customer service giving me what I wanted even though they no longer served it on the menu.

In the future, I guess I'll have to get sushi when I want something to eat at the Mixx.  That is if the cheap ass Cincinnati supports it so the Mixx won't have to shut that down as well.  C'mon Cincinnati!

 

 

 

 

No comments: