Monday, April 11, 2011

Is Social Security Safe with the Tea Party in Power?

Personally, I'd waive my social security benefits if the government would allow me to keep my 6.2% from here on out.  I could invest that money and be in much better shape for retirement. 

Let's face facts.  Social Security is a pyramid scheme that will soon collapse.  Simple math shows that people in the baby boomer generation far outnumber their children.  So for all of those retired folk to draw social security payments into the system will probably triple if not more.

I don't think my children will want to take on that burden and they shouldn't have to.  And I seriously doubt that they will go for that shit.  Can you say...revolution?

If social security was eliminated right now individuals, businesses and the economy would all be better off.  That infusion of cash into everyone's wallets would allow alms-giving for the people who totally rely upon it.

What are you thoughts?

Here is the article:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/retirement/social-security-tea-party-gop-re...[p]=2&gcp_comments[s]=new

Get my books for the Nook

Get my books for the Kindle

Get my SoftCover Books

Get my Bondage Aids

 

No comments: