Thursday, March 4, 2010

Men Cry in the Dark by Micheal Baisden




Ummmm....probably because this book is tedious to read... The only reason that I bothered to finish it was because I made the mistake in purchasing it.

Other reviewers called the male characters in his book "one dimensional", to me they read like they were on the downlow. Call me a homophob all you want, but I ain't huggin' up on another man and definitely not one I just met.

I was extremely irritated reading this book because the characters were just flat out unrealistic. For instance, the main character supposedly grew up in the ghetto but had lines like, "...just look at that magnificent view outside my hotel window...". huh?????

In the immortal lexis of "Blaine and Antoine" I have two words for this book. Hated it!

Euftis Emery
Author of Off the Chain

No comments: