Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pandora's Box by Allison Hobbs


Allison Hobbs came to my attention when Amazon.com began offering her book Insatiable with mine. Curious, I then picked up Pandora's Box to become familiar with her writing style and finished reading it on a round trip flight to Portland, Oregon.

I expected Pandora's Box to be a raunchy romp of sex, money, sex, drugs, and more sex since the book revolves around a prostitute who works in a modern day whore house. However, I was surprised to find that the book is an intense drama that illustrates how women from all walks of life (I.e., white, black, educated, welfare recipient, sanctified and heathen) can get caught up, chewed up, and spit out by the prostitution game.

My only regret reading this book is that Allison leaves far to much to the imagination with the sex scenes for my tastes (ya'll know I'm nasty...). Therefore, if you are looking for a volcanic erotic read...Pandora's Box...is not it.

However, if you are looking for a riveting story that will make you think. This is the book for you. It will force you to look at yourself and ask the question, "...what would I do...if I hit rock bottom." Excellent read!

Euftis Emery
Author of Off the Chain

www.facebook.com/euftis
www.twitter.com/euftis
www.myspace.com/euftis_emery

No comments: