Thursday, March 10, 2011

FaceBook Sucks!

I got a call from the fraud department of my bank today.  At first I was pissed, because they are prone to lock my account without viewing my previous shopping history.

So as I answered question after question to validate my identity I became more pissed because I assumed yet another waste of my time.  However, after ten minutes of security questions I began to appreciate my banks vigilance as they rattled off numerous transactions made in the last two days by FaceBook thru PayPal.

When the fraud representative completed her list there was 20 transactions in all totaling over $600.  After telling my bank that the charges were not mine we then called PayPal to contest the charges and after waiting on the phone for another 20 minutes finally got a PayPal rep on the phone.

After waiting another ten minutes for his computer to load the transactions, the PayPal rep informed me that FaceBook had already refunded 12 of the 20 transactions.

That confirmed to me that FaceBook had f'ed up and that my account wasn't hacked.  However, I still have to wait up to 9 days to get my refunded money back and have to contest the remaining 8 transactions that were not refunded.

What's really f'ed up with all this is that the only time I gave FaceBook my credit card information was last week when I created and ad for Ghetto Gurl Memoirs.  The ad was up for all of a day and FaceBook rejected it stating that it was too racy.

So not only will Facebook not allow me to market my books on their website they also f'ed up my checking account. Many people love FaceBook and claim it's so great.  I never liked the site (I miss you Myspace!) and I'm only there because many of my readers are.  After these two incidents I moved from disliking them to hating them.

Thanks FaceBook.  You suck!

No comments: